School Newsletter – September 2018
- We welcomed six children into Junior Infants
this year, Chloe Loughney, Tanya Hand, Ciara Roddy, Tara Rose Lynchehaun, Peter
Duffy and Danny Egan. We were also delighted to welcome two pupils to Senior
Infants, twins Lucy and Lily Devlin.
- Fifth and Sixth Class boys and girls
competed in the Cross-Country Competition for schools in East Mayo. Oran and
Liam Frain finished eighth and ninth respectively which qualified them to
compete at County Level. The Fifth and Sixth Class boys’ team was also
successful, due to the individual combined placings. They were awarded bronze
medals and also had the opportunity of competing at County level.
- Fr. Sherlock conducted a prayer
service to celebrate the start of the new school year, with a special emphasis
on welcoming our new pupils. Parents of children in Junior Infants were invited
- Ms Mulchrone brought First Class on a
visit to Ballaghaderreen Library where the pupils had a guided tour of the
childrens’ section and had the opportunity of browsing a range of fiction and
non-fiction material. The Librarian read a story and children were given
application forms to become members of the library. It was a most enjoyable and
- Boys and girls participated in the Cumann na mBunscol Mini Sevens Competition in Ballaghaderreen. The boys won their three matches against Charlestown, Ballaghaderreen and Brusna/Derrinabruck and so retained their Local Area Shield. This success qualified them for the County Quarter Finals. Many thanks to Trainer Mike Raleigh.
- Ms Mulchrone and Mrs Deery brought
Infants and First Class on a nature walk, on which the children examined trees,
leaves and blackberries. They also discussed the work of the farmer in Autumn.
This entry was posted in School News
. Bookmark the permalink